Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A little background on me.

From a musician standpoint, I consider myself foremost a pianist. I also enjoy playing viola and mandolin. I picked up drums about a month ago.

From a social standpoint, I'm a medical student recently married.

From a listener standpoint, I started my musical journey with classical music and classic rock. I grew up in a house where music was constantly playing throughout the house. As my father chose the music, classic rock started to grow on me and I took it as a point of pride knowing a lot about the music that his generation thinks has disappeared. I listened to classical as music that I had a more emotional component to and fueled my interest in actually playing the music. I was into classic and classical through childhood until middle of college. At that point I suddenly found myself sick of classic rock. I had heard the same group of songs over and over and wanted something completely different. At that point I started listening to electronica. Currently I am still in a electronic phase as well as indie rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment